One of the most important traditions of Apple’s annual WWDC conference is the recognition of the yearly Apple Design Award winners – a handful of apps hand-selected by Apple for excellence in overall design. 11 winners were announced this year, and the winers each receive prizes and recognition from Apple for their efforts.
This years winners are as follows:
Winning Mac and iOS apps:
- WWF Together by World Wildlife Fund
- Procreate by Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- Badland by Frogmind
- Yahoo! Weather by Yahoo!
- Letterpress by atebits
- Ridiculous Fishing by Vlambeer
- Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders by Atypical Games
- Coda 2 by Panic, Inc.
- Evernote by Evernote Corporation
Student developer winners:
I’m particularly fond of Letterpress and Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders! Which are your favorites?
HUGE congratulations to all of the winners – and a big bow of respect to everyone that put in the effort to submit their apps!