Apple has kicked off a rare “Movie Bundles” sale, giving movie buffs a chance to complete their collections of all the various Trilogies, Quadrilogies, and moreologies movie series. Movie sets include The Die Hard and Lethal Weapon series, as well as the Harry Potter and X-Men series.
These are some of the lowest prices we’ve seen on digital downloads of these popular movie collections. The 25 bundles are available in either SD/HD and start at $9.99 making for some bargain basement pricing you don’t usually see outside of your local Big Lots store. All pricing is US Only. Collections include (All Prices for HD):
- Harry Potter Complete Collection: $9.99
- Scarface/Casino $12.99
- Spiderman Trilogy: $19.99
- The Godfather Trilogy: The Coppola Restoration:$19.99
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy: $9.99
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1-3: $9.99
- Lethal Weapon Movie Collection: $9.99
- Austin Powers Collection for $9.99
- The Bourne Collection – $29.99
- The Matrix Trilogy: $9.99
- Jurassic Park 1-3: $19.99
- Mean Girls/Clueless: $9.99
- The X-Men Quadrilogy $29.99
- Die Hard Ultimate Collection: $39.99
- Star Trek 1-10: $49.99
- Back to the Future Trilogy: $19.99
Sure, some of the collections will be for completists only, but I am definitely going to be hitting that Letha Weapon collection. Murtaugh and Riggs, any time, any place? Sign me up!
BTW, J. Glenn Künzler? Godfather Trilogy, that’s all I’m saying…
(UPDATE: 08/13/13) – Unfortunately, it looks like the spell that was cast to drop the price of the Harry Potter Collection to 10 bucks has been revoked, and the low price is no longer available. The $10 price is still showing for some customers, but attempting to purchase the collection at that price results in an “unavailable” message. It appears the other collections are still available at their lower prices.
(UPDATE 2: 08/13/13) – Be careful when you’re ordering some of the above collections, as it appears the prices are rising on some of the bundles. For example, the Lethal Weapon Collection is now $19.99 instead of the earlier $9.99 price. So, be sure to look before you click.