Apple has today released an Apple Store app optimized for the iPad. As could be expected, the app uses iOS 7 design elements, with a focus on imagery.
The app is a separate download to the iPhone app, but offers all the same functionality you would expect, although some of the location-based features for retail are absent due to the different use cases of the devices.
The app makes heavy use of imagery, showing off Apple’s products, taking advantage of the iPad’s fantastic Retina display.
From the Apple Store app page:
Here’s just some of what you can do with Apple Store for iPad:
- See the latest trending products that others are buying, sharing, and reviewing.
- Use pinch gestures to zoom, browse and compare.
- Personalize an iPad or an iPod with free engraving, and get signature gift wrap.
- Buy products on the go and pick them up at your favorite Apple Retail Store, or have them shipped to your door.
- Find an Apple Retail Store near you and view hours , get directions, check product availability, make Genius Bar reservations, or sign up for workshops and events.
- Explore Apple Retail Stores around the world and mark stores as favorites.
An exclusive feature of the iPad version of the app is the “Now Trending” section. The area displays a grid, showing what items are currently in demand at the Apple retail store.
The Apple Store for iPad app is available FREE in the App Store. [DIRECT LINK]