After a month of testing with developers, with the final beta released nearly two weeks ago on December 3rd, Apple has finally released the first major update to OS X Mavericks. The OS X 10.9.1 update is available immediately for existing Mavericks users via Software Update through the Mac App Store.
From the release notes:
What’s New in Version 10.9.1
The 10.9.1 update improves the stability and compatibility of your Mac.
This update includes the following fixes:
• Improved support for Gmail in OS X Mail, and fixes for users with custom Gmail settings
• Improves the reliability of Smart Mailboxes and search in Mail
• Fixes an issue that prevented contact groups from working properly in Mail
• Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from speaking sentences that contain emoji
• Updates Shared Links periodically when open in the Safari Sidebar
The most notable changes include a long-awaited fix for Gmail issues in the Mail app within Mavericks. Other important updates are also included. The update is highly recommended for all users of OS X Mavericks. Go get it!