We’ve been big fans of CleanMyMac ever since our review of version one. I myself use the latest version, CleanMyMac 2, at least once a week to clean up cache files and other unneeded junk that takes up space on my hard drive. I especially like the app now that I have a smaller SSD drive in my MacBook Pro, where space can get to be a premium.
We’d like to thank CleanMyMac 2’s developer, MacPaw, for sponsoring the site this week. Here’s a description of their excellent Mac maintenance app, straight from the developer!
CleanMyMac 2 has a completely redesigned interface based upon a unified main button for all main actions. It consists of eight main modules, all of which have either been updated or are completely new:
- Automatic Cleanup – An intelligent algorithm that suggests to remove files which are 100% safe for deletion.
- System Cleanup – Remove caches, logs, and archives, and free up system resources for a better performing Mac.
- Large & Old Files – Review and remove large files and folders that haven’t been opened for a while.
- iPhoto Cleanup – Significantly reduce the size of iPhoto Library by eliminating unneeded original copies of previously edited images.
- Trash Cleanup – Empty Trash folders of Mac’s internal and external volumes including iPhoto Trash.
- App Uninstaller – Completely uninstall the apps that are no longer needed.
- Extensions Manager – Review and manage all app extensions from one dashboard.
- Eraser – Erase files from your system and leave no trace behind.
CleanMyMac 2 is a simple and powerful application for keeping your Mac clean, organized and free of files that slow it down.
For more information about CleanMyMac 2, visit the MacPaw website.
CleanMyMac 2 is available at the MacPaw website. A single Mac license is $39.95, a 2 Mac license is $59.95, and a 5 Mac license is $89.95.
Thanks again to MacPaw, and their great CleanMyMac 2 app for sponsoring MacTrast this week!