Macphun Software has announced the release of Focus 2 Pro, an upgrade to the company’s popular Focus 2 software. The Pro version allows photographers to access new features such as motion blur and advanced fine-tuning for blur and focus areas.
While Focus 2 Pro can run as a stand-alone app, it also works as a plug-in for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Lightroom, and Apple Aperture.
Focus 2 Pro contains pre-configured aperture settings tuned for specific types of photography such as Portrait, Landscape, Macro and Tilt-Shift. Tilt-Shift helps create the popular “miniature” look in photos.
New Key Features:
- Plug-in support for host applications Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop Elements and Apple Aperture
- 3 New Types of Blur: Zoom, Radial and Linear Motion Blur
- RAW image support, up to a 16-bit depth
- Advanced Brightness, Contrast and Saturation fine-tuning for blur areas
- Advanced Detail, Clarity and Vividness fine-tuning for areas in focus
- Improvements to Bokeh simulation algorithms
Focus 2 Pro also features a Custom Focus setting that allows users to brush in focal points, selectively tune blur and focus areas and tap into new radial and linear blur capabilities.
Focus 2 Pro is available via download at the Macphun website for $39.99. The software will be available on SD cards via specialty camera retailers and through select online and national resellers by the end of March. Current owners of Focus 2 can upgrade via the Company’s website.