Amazon has released version 4.3 of its Kindle app for iOS, adding the capability to listen to Audible versions of Kindle books you own. Amazon says there are more than 45,000 Kindle/Audible book titles that are eligible for the new feature.
Amazon’s Whispersync technology automatically syncs the progress of your reading/listening between the Audible and Kindle versions of the book. Thus allowing users to listen to the Audible version while driving or exercising, and then pick right back up where they left off with the Kindle version at home. Customers are required to own both the Kindle and Audible versions of the book.
Other Features Include:
- Access to more than 45,000 Kindle/Audible title pairs, including best sellers
- Find audiobooks compatible with items in your Kindle library – audiobooks are delivered by Audible, an Amazon company
- Whispersync for Voice automatically synchronizes reading progress between the Audible and Kindle versions of a book
- Read and listen to a Kindle book at the same time; pages turn automatically
- Narration speeds up to 2x and a sleep timer
- Download an entire collection – gives customers the ability to download an entire collection with the tap of a button, making it easier for readers to download in bulk and load their favorite books on a new iOS device
- Students can now find terms that are in X-Ray for Textbooks by using search – occurrences in X-Ray are shown right above occurrences in the book
- Finding where an X-Ray term occurs on a textbook page is now easier – tap a page thumbnail in the X-Ray feature and you will see the term highlighted in the page of the book
- Performance and stability improvements
Kindle for iOS is available FREE for the iPad and iPhone in the App Store. [DIRECT LINK]