Just about anyone who has used a computer has used a flash drive. They’re an easy way to “sneakernet” files between computers. Wouldn’t it be great if you could also use them to copy files to and from your iPhone 5/5c/5s or iPad Air? Introducing the HYPER iStick.
iStick allows you to easily, quickly and safely move data between computers, iPhones, iPads and iPod touches without the need for Internet, wireless networks or the Cloud where hackers and others can gain access.
Just slide the switch on the iStick to switch the USB connector to an Apple approved Lightning connector. iStick turns from an ordinary USB flash drive to a flash drive that is Apple MFi certified to work with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
The iStick, looks like it will be a great solution for storing music, video, audio, and other files for use on your iOS device, without taking up precious storage space on your device.
You can stream movies directly from the iStick onto your iPad or iPhone. No Internet or wireless network required. The iStick app features a hardware accelerated video decoder that supports a wide variety of non-iOS native video formats like MP4, M4V, MPV, MOV, MPG, MKV, AVI, WMV, RMVB, FLV, 3GP, GIF.
iStick works with both Mac and PC as well as all types of files.
Current iStick App Features
- Free universal iPhone/iPad/iPod touch iOS app
- Music & Movie Player (able to decode MKV, RMVB, AVI, WMV etc.)
- 1080p HD movie streaming, direct playback from iStick
- Photo & Document (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, PDF, iWork) Viewer
- Open files directly on the iStick without the need to copy to iDevice
- Copy/Move files between iDevice and iStick
- File Management (Copy/Cut/Paste/Delete/Rename/Create Folder)
- Backup photos/videos from iDevice Camera Roll to iStick
- Support “Open In” functionality
- Open files from other apps in iStick app
- Open files from iStick in other apps
- iDevice Contacts backup and restore
- Capacity: 8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB/128GB
- Connectors: Standard USB 2.0 and Apple MFi-Certified Lightning Connector
- iStick-to-USB Speed: 12MB/s (Read), 7.5MB/s (Write)
- iStick-to-iDevice Speed: 2.5MB/s (Read), 1.9MB/s (Write)
- Construction: ABS Plastic and/or Aluminum
- Dimensions: 51.6 x 28.6 x 9.1mm
- Weight: 10g
- Supported File Formats: Video
.mp4, .m4v, .mpv, .mov, .mpg, .mkv, .wmv, .flv, .3gp, .gif
.wav, .aac, .aif, .aiff, .caf, .m4a, .mp3
.jpg, .tiff, .gif
.doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel); .zip; .ics
iPhone 5/5s/5c, iPad (4th Generation), iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad Air, iPod touch (5th Generation)
Reward levels include:
- $65: One Black or White color iStick (8GB) – Early Bird Special
- $79: One Black or White color iStick (8GB)
- $85: One Black or White color iStick (16GB) – Early Bird Special
- $99: One Black or White color iStick (16GB)
- $99: One Black or White color iStick (32GB) – Early Bird Special
- $129: One Black or White color iStick (32GB)
- $149: One Black or White color iStick (64GB) – Early Bird Special
- $179: One Black or White color iStick (64GB)
- $199: One Black or White color iStick (128GB) – 1st Early Bird Special
- $249: One Black or White color iStick (128GB) – 2nd Early Bird Special
- $299: One Black or White color iStick (128GB)
- $1000 & above: One Gold Color Aluminum iStick (128GB)
If the HYPER iStick sounds like something you can use, there is still time left to pledge and reserve an iStick. Just visit the iStick Kickstarter website and pledge today. The project ends very soon.
Have you seen, or even better yet do you have, a current Kickstarter or Indiegogo project you’d like us to check out? If you do then drop me a line at email@example.com. Tell me all about the project, and why you think it would make a good subject for a future Kickstarter/Indiegogo Project of the Week. If I agree, I’ll contact you for more information.