Parallels today announced an update to its Parallels Access app that gives users remote access to their Macs and PCs. Originally only available for the iPad, the new release adds support for the iPhone, and Android phones and tablets.
Parallels Access allows users to access their Mac or PC desktops remotely, allowing them to access files, or work on projects while away from their computer.
The new version of the app also delivers new features for an improved remote experience, and introduces Parallels Access for Business which lets companies centrally assign, manage, and secure remote access to their computers.
In addition to the newly supported platforms, new features include:
- Facebook login integration lets users log in quickly and easily.
- Ability to launch desktop applications with a single tap right from the home screen of an Android device.
- A new file browser lets iOS users quickly browse and open files on their remote computer using Parallels Access.
- Desktop applications that use a microphone can now be used with the microphone on your iPad or iPhone.
- Ability to change screen resolution for best fit for different types of devices.
Parallels Access is available in the Apple iTunes App Store and on Google Play with a two-week free trial. Individual subscriptions are available for $19.99 for one year or $34.99 for two years, and include the ability to access up to five remote computers from an unlimited number of iOS and Android tablets and phones. As a limited-time special offer, new customers who purchase Parallels Access until June 30, 2014 can get a two-year subscription for $29.99.
Parallels Access for Business subscriptions start at $49.99 per-year and details are available online at www.parallels.com/access-business. As a limited-time offer until July 31, 2014, Parallels Access for Business will be available for free for an unlimited number of employees, computers and devices.
Parallels Access is a FREE download in the iOS App Store. [DIRECT LINK]