We reported earlier this month that Apple was preparing to seed iOS 8.0.1 to its carrier partners before iOS 8 had even been released to the public. Now, it appears Apple is preparing the release to address several bugs in the current version.
MacRumors has received word from a source that the updates addresses several bugs present in the iOS 8 golden master version released to the public last week.
Among the issues the update is said to fix are:
- Phone: Addresses bugs with call forwarding and freezing when accessing visual voicemail
- Keyboard: Fixes an issue with keypad not appearing to enter iCloud Keychain verification codes
- Safari: Fixes a problem with videos occasionally not playing
- Sharing: Fixes AirDrop support for Passbook passes
- VPN: Addresses an issue with installing VPN profiles
Hopefully the iOS 8.0.1 update will also address other issues, such as are being reported in various forums around the web. A release date hasn’t yet been announced for the update, but we’ll let you know as soon as we hear something.