Developer AgileBits has released 1Password 5 for Mac, a completely redesign version of their popular secure password manager, and they’ve made it just for OS X Yosemite users.
It was only a year ago that we released 1Password 4, and 1Password 5 for Mac ensures we’re ready for the next major chapter of OS X. We completely redesigned 1Password to be a first-class OS X Yosemite citizen—in fact, it requires Yosemite now—right down to compatibility with its new Dark Mode; if you enable it, be sure to check out 1Password mini in the menu bar!
What’s New in Version 5.0
We’ve joined the Yosemite Alliance!
– Fresh new design that fits in perfectly with Yosemite.
– Added support for the Dark Side (er, Dark mode).
– Inspiring new icon, hand-delivered by a gold robot and his mischievous trash can.
iCloud sync upgrades have arrived!
– Powered by Apple’s next-gen sync for faster and more robust syncing.
– ***Important Note*** As such, iCloud sync now requires 1Password 5 for iOS 8 and 1Password 5 for OS X Yosemite from the Mac App Store.
Wi-Fi Sync got a Hyperdrive!
– Attachments can now be synced over Wi-Fi with 1Password 5 for iOS.
– Syncing starts automatically as soon as your device is on the same network.
Many other improvements and fixes based on your galactic feedback.
1Password mini received a major upgrade, it’s redesigned to be faster and more intuitive so you can fly through menus, anchor an item in its own window with a shortcut, and more. Plus, if you trigger 1Password mini with the system-wide shortcut (⌘-⌥-\ by default), it now conveniently appears in the center of your display.
1Password 5 also includes iCloud sync:
The new iCloud sync is a really big deal. It’s faster and just plain better in every way, and you simply need to upgrade to iCloud Drive on all your Apple devices to sync 1Password 5 (note: we do not store your data in iCloud Drive. We use CloudKit, its underlying technology, for sync). That means you’ll need to iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite all the things. For more details and a guide to making the transition, please check out our iCloud FAQ support document.
Wi-Fi sync is still available to directly sync your data between your Mac and iOS devices. Attachments will now also sync as well.
All 1Password 4 users will get a free update to 1Password 5, but don’t fret if you haven’t bought it yet, as AgileBits is throwing a 30% off launch sale. Get 1Password 5 for Mac for just $35. I use 1Password, and highly recommend it. Especially at 30% off!