Skype has announced the release of version 5.6 of its iPhone app, which sports a user interface optimized for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. An iOS8 optimized version of the app debuted in late September.
Today we’re releasing Skype 5.6 for iPhone, which brings optimized, scaled UI to the larger iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ screen sizes. On an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6+, Skype 5.6 displays more of your recent chats and shows more messages in conversation view, helping you to communicate with your friends and family quickly and simply. Skype 5.6 for iPhone is our second release that continues to build on the new iOS 8 extensions. Now whether you’re using an iPhone 4 or an iPhone 6+ you’ll get the best Skype experience for your screen size.
While this version of Skype for iPhone supports device screen sizes ranging from the 3.5-inch iPhone 4 all the way up to the 5.5-inch display of the iPhone 6 Plus, the biggest enhancement will be for iPhone 6 Plus users, who can now view additional information on their larger screens.
What’s New in Version 5.6
- Native resolution support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+
- Presence indicators are now displayed in the “recent” list
- Number of contacts and time zones are now shown on contact profiles
- Individual conversations can be marked as read/unread
- Notification sounds are disabled in “Do not disturb” mode
- General Improvements
Skype for iPhone Version 5.6 is available FREE in the App Store. [DIRECT LINK]