So you bought an “Elf on the Shelf,” and the closer it gets to Christmas, the tougher it is to come up with ideas for the visits from that magical elf each day. Well, before you accidentally drop the elf into the shredder, take a look at Elf Help – Elfing Made Easy for your iPhone and iPad.
Elf Help was created by Georgia mother Jennifer Symmes. When she considered introducing the wildly popular Christmas elf tradition into her family of four, she was excited but overwhelmed at the idea of keeping up with the “magic” every night for an entire month. Between real-life responsibilities of being a wife, a mother to two toddler girls and full-time work as a professional communications specialist, the idea of “elfing” seemed more like an extra chore than actual fun.
“But then I thought, ‘Wait! I bet there’s an app for that,’ ” said Jennifer. “I searched and came up with nothing. I was looking specifically for an app that would help simplify the tradition of daily elf antics with a customizable daily planner. I couldn’t find one so I decided to create it myself.”
The Elf Help app features:
- Daily Planner – The app allows parents to simply upload and save their favorite ideas and photos for elf antics into their own personal elf help calendar
- Reminder tool – It’s the most hectic time of year for many parents and remembering that the elf has to return to and from the North Pole every night of the holiday season can be difficult. This app features a custom message reminder tool so your family’s elf doesn’t miss one night of magic. The reminder can be set to fit your own personal schedule.
- Shopping List – As necessary supplies are entered for each of your favorite elf ideas, those materials are automatically added to an easy check-off shopping list. You will be prepared for the entire elf season!
- Photo Sharing – Families can take photos of their elf each day to archive and share online via multiple social media channels. It’s fun to share!
- Parent Pin Code – elf help features a secret parent pin code to access the app so your elf’s magic is always protected from young eyes.
Elf help is available for $0.99 for the iPhone and iPad in the App Store. [DIRECT LINK]