Microsoft has released five new apps for iOS devices under their MSN branding. The new apps bring news, health, sports, financial, and food related apps to the iPhone and iPad that were previously Windows Phone-only.
This launch follows the recent expansion of Microsoft’s Office for iOS suite to the iPhone that produced standalone versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to Apple’s smartphone devices.
The MSN apps include:
- MSN News – Read the day’s top stories and breaking news from the industry’s best sources, hand-picked by our editors. Plus, easily stay updated on any topic you care about, from global events to your local news.
- MSN Sports – Get real-time game updates, easy to follow schedules and standings, and the latest news across your favorite leagues and teams.
- MSN Food & Drink – Browse and organize hundreds of thousands of recipes from your favorite magazines, world-famous chefs, bloggers and fellow home cooks. Enjoy easy-to-follow instructions and beautiful photos. Explore the extensive wine and cocktails guides and stay in the know on the latest food and drink trends.
- MSN Money – Know more about your money with the world’s best financial news and data. Grow your finances with handy tools and calculators, anytime and anywhere.
- MSN Health & Fitness – Access a rich set of tools and content for all your health needs. Find 1000+ exercise and workout videos, nutritional and medical references, and trackers for diet and exercise to help you meet your health goals.
All of the MSN apps are free to download, available now in the iOS App Store. Microsoft has also made versions of the apps available to Android users via Google Play and the Amazon Appstore.
Bringing the MSN apps to the iOS and Android platforms is part of a larger initiative under Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella to drive the adoption of the company’s desktop and cloud services by making its mobile apps available across all of the major platforms.