1Password for iOS – Version 5.2
Version 5.2 of 1Password for iOS offers a new login creator tool, new entry fields for pro users, a one-time password tool for use with two factor auth, improved pro features, and more.
What’s New in 1Password iOS Version 5.2:
All-new Login Creator
- Adding Logins is easier than ever with a new, streamlined workflow for hundreds of popular sites and services.
Pro Features Get Pro-er
- One-Time Passwords! Our new tool helps you sign into many services that require a secondary, randomized password (like Amazon and Tumblr). Less fumbling with different apps, more time doing what you need.
- Attachments can now be deleted from the item editor.
- You can now add many new custom field types like: addresses, dates, and month/year.
- You know how days of the week can sometimes blend together? Well, our item details don’t do that anymore. The new layout features Zen-ified White Space™ and Enhanced Readamability® so you can find what you need even faster.
- Such new password editor design, much pretty, very password. Wow.
- We tried adding a flux capacitor to the item editor, but you’ll have to settle for a regular ol’ date picker instead.
- Rich icons are even prettier, and 1Password updates them if you change an item’s URL.
- The Master Password field now resizes for the occasion, depending on your device screen size.
- We now show a notification when saving a Login.
- Change your Master Password on Mac, it changes on your iOS device. #TheFuture
- Backups synchronized from iTunes for Windows can now be restored, even if they’re not in the Backups folder.
- The 1Password Extension for third-party apps will now lock automatically after the security timeout you have set in 1Password.
- We put 1Password through an intense memory strengthening exercise and it now remembers where you were when you left. Also, welcome back.
- New user? Starting fresh? Screens for empty vaults are now at least 20% cooler, and even more helpful!
- Accessibility audit: Our new item detail view and editor should work much better for our customers with impaired vision.
- 1Password has been updated with the latest translations from our translation service.
1Password for Mac – Version 5.1
The Mac version of 1Password version 5.1 was added numerous improvements to sync, multiple and shared vaults, better credit card number formatting, and much more.
A New Vision for Sync
- Instantly see all your vaults and whether they are syncing.
- Easily set up new vaults for syncing, check when they last synced.
- Quickly decide whether to include/exclude a vault when Wi-Fi syncing.
- Secondary vaults can now sync to iOS! That’s a Wi-Fi-Hi-Five if you ask us! Ok, we’ll see ourselves out.
- All new Preferences > Wi-Fi Server preference pane.
Multiple and Shared Vaults
- New secondary vaults are now more identifiable, but still ready for your personal touch.
- Sync your way—exclude secondary vaults from syncing at all.
Nope, Not Done With Sync Yet
- Master Password changes now sync to all devices using iCloud sync.
- Some alternative Folder Sync solutions should perform better.
- Empty categories now display sync progress so you know 1Password cares.
- Watchtower’s change password alert is clearer, more alert-ier.
- Added support for Firefox Developer Edition without having to disable “Verify browser code signature”.
- Hover over an address, copy the entire thing in. just. one. click.
- We now display http://, https://, etc. in item details even when not edting them.
- 1Password now formats credit card numbers properly. But you’ll still have to consider, really consider, whether this purchase will bring happiness to your life on your own.
- Added support for Portuguese (Portugal).
Both the iOS and Mac app updates are available free to users of the apps.
1Password for iOS – Version 5.2 is available FREE for the iPhone and iPad in the iOS App Store. [DIRECT LINK]
1Password for Mac – Version 5.1 is available for $49.99 for the Mac in the Mac App Store. [DIRECT LINK]