Microsoft has announced version 7.5 of Skype for Mac, featuring support for 14 new languages, along with performance improvements and bug fixes.
The 14 new languages supported are: Hindi, Turkish, Czech, Ukrainian, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Indonesian, Catalan, Croatian, Slovak, Vietnamese, Thai and Malay.
Microsoft reports the new version fixes the following issues:
- Fixed an issue causing the input field to occasionally disappear
- Fixed an issue causing high CPU usage when animating emoticons
- Fixed an issue preventing call UI from coming up when making a call soon after signing in
- Fixed an issue causing screen flickering when the shared window is off-screen
- Fixed several crash issues
- Reduced instances of App Nap preventing Skype from reconnecting
There is still a known issue of screen-sharing not being received after pausing and resuming a call.
Skype 7.5 for Mac can be downloaded via the Skype website, or from within the Skype app.
Skype 7.5 requires OS X 10.9 Mavericks or higher.