Southwest Airlines has updated its iPhone app to now support Apple’s Passbook, allowing passengers to quickly display their boarding passes from the lock screen of their iOS devices.
The Passbook card also presents critical information about a passenger’s flight, including departure time and gate, and flight number.
The new version of the Southwest app, version 2.11.0, also contains the usual bug fixes.
Other features of the app include:
- Check in, book, change, or cancel air reservations
- View your upcoming flight’s status, boarding position, and gate information from the home page
- Access your Mobile boarding pass and save it to Passbook
- Book or cancel rental car reservations
- Check flight status and setup text notifications
- Add EarlyBird Check-In® to an existing reservation
- Enroll in and access your Rapid Rewards account
- View travel and weather alerts
- Access helpful airport information
The Southwest Airlines app is available FREE for the iPhone, in the App Store. [DIRECT LINK]