Elgato today announced pre-order availability for Eve, their app-powered HomeKit-compatible system for monitoring your home via your iOS device. Eve offers users the ability to monitor indoor air quality and temperature, outdoor humidity and temperature, the security of your home’s entry points, and the energy use by your home appliances.
Elgato’s four Eve sensor lines are:
- Eve Room: Monitor indoor air quality, temperature, and humidity, measured by a sophisticated sensor analyzing volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- Eve Weather: Easily access outside temperature, humidity and air pressure at your home.
- Eve Door & Window: See the current open/closed state of your doors or windows and view statistics on time & duration to make smarter choices.
- Eve Energy: Find out how much energy your appliances are using, and switch them on or off with a simple tap or using Siri.
Leveraging the benefits of HomeKit, Eve offers:
- Easy setup.
- Siri integration: Eve responds to Siri, letting you access data collected by Eve and control all HomeKit-enabled accessories directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Remote access: Owners of an Apple TV (3rd-generation or later) with Apple TV software 7.0 or later, can control HomeKit-enabled accessories away from home using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.1 or later.
- Security: HomeKit technology provides advanced security with end-to-end encryption and authentication between a HomeKit-enabled accessory and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
All four Eve sensors – Eve Room, Eve Weather, Eve Door & Window, and Eve Energy – are available for pre-order at leading retailers, including Amazon.com and Walmart.com. The sensors will be available in the Apple Online Store this July.
Suggested retail prices are: $79.95 for Eve Room, $49.95 for Eve Weather, $49.95 for Eve Energy, and $39.95 for Eve Door & Window.
The Eve iOS app is available as a free download from the App Store.