UPDATE – The security notes for iOS 9.0.2 say the update fixes the Lock Screen vulnerability that allowed bad guys to bypass the lock screen and access photos and contacts on a locked device. (Via MacRumors)
Apple on Wednesday released another update for iOS 9. iOS 9.0.2 is a security and maintenance update for the recently released mobile operating system. This is the second such release in the past week.
iOS 9.0.2 addresses the following issues:
- Fixes an issue with the setting to turn on or off app cellular data usage
- Resolves an issue that prevented iMessage activation for some users
- Resolves an issue where an iCloud backup could be interrupted after starting a manual backup
- Fixes an issue where the screen could incorrectly rotate when receiving notifications
- Improves the stability of Podcasts
The update is available over the air on iOS 9 device via “Settings” -> “General” -> “Software Update.” The update is also available via iTunes on Macs and PCs.