Badia Software has released IDML Import 1.0 for QuarkXPress 2015, a tool for importing Adobe InDesign’s IDML files into QuarkXPress. Users can quickly convert the contents of IDML files, including text and picture boxes, pages and spreads, graphics, styles, stories, layers, and colors, into fully-editable QuarkXPress objects.
With IDML Import 1.0, users can:
- Create in QuarkXPress all the pages and spreads, including facing pages, page orientation and margins
- Import master pages and layers, retaining the stacking order and interaction of page elements
- Recreate colors, blends, character and paragraph style sheets
- Create text and picture boxes, groups, frames, and tables
- Colorize, rotate and skew boxes and groups
- Import all graphics links, and then crop and resize them accordingly
- Retain text formatting and styles, including text size, color, font, scaling, and justification
- Apply paragraph leading, indents and spacing, tab stops and paragraph rules
- Import vector art from InDesign documents into editable QuarkXPress bezier shapes
- Search for missing pictures while importing graphics
- Enlarge text boxes to fit their contents
IDML Import works with any IDML file created with Adobe InDesign CC 2015 or older. The utility retains the look and feel of the original InDesign document, and imports all style sheets and master pages.
Single licenses of IDML Import are $69.99, a free trial version is available for download. A limited time discount of 15% can be applied using coupon code IDML15 when ordering from Badia Software’s online store.
IDML Import requires a 64-bit Mac running OS X 10.9 or later, and QuarkXPress 2015.