FutureTap has released Streets 3 – The Street View App, an completely updated version of their popular iOS app that offers a 360 degree look at any location covered by Google Street View. The new version offers iOS 9 Spotlight support, iPad Pro features, and an Apple Watch app that allows viewing of street views right on the user’s wrist.
You may recall we reviewed an earlier version of Streets a few years back. We liked the app then, and there’s more to like about it now. Especially the Apple Watch features. Getting a 360-degree street view of a location on your wrist is very cool. Watch owners can navigate the panorama using the device’s Digital Crown.
New Features Include:
- Complete optimization for iOS 9, including an all-new user interface
- A new interactive mini map which makes it easier to walk through panoramas
- iPad Pro support
- Split View and Slide Over support
- Mark panoramas as favorites to automatically sync them between devices
- Gallery Browser offers 1000+ Gallery Places that can be browsed by categories
- Gallery Places now offer more information, such as descriptions and additional links
- Spotlight support for surface street panoramas in the system-wide Spotlight search
- Handoff support allows easy transfer of the current panorama between the iPad and iPhone
- Siri support offers the ability to easily create reminders with panorama links
As well as street level views, the app also offers indoor panoramas where available. The feature has become a popular way for businesses, museums, and attractions to show off their facilities. It’s easy to tell if an indoor panorama is available for a location, as Street View coverage is indicated in blue, while locations offering indoor panorama views are designated in orange.
Viewing a panorama is simply a matter of swiping around with a finger, and using the usual iOS gestures to zoom in and out, move forward, and more. The app now offers an interactive mini map which indicates the user’s current direction and view.
An improved Gallery Places features allows users to view a number of locations without ever leaving their armchair, including a number of national parks, museums, castles, sports arena, and more. Users can share the locations with others via email, texting, or popular social networks.
The app still offers tight integration with Apple’s Maps app, allowing users to jump back and forth between Streets and the Apple Maps apps with just a couple of taps. The app is also well integrated with FutureTap’s popular Where To? location finder app.
Streets 3 – The Street View App is just $0.99 for a limited time only. The app will return to its regular price of $1.99 USD on April 15. [GET IT HERE]