Pebble on Tuesday released a major software update for its popular lineup of smartwatches. Pebble 4.0 brings with it a streamlined interface, offering more of a “glance and go” experience than previous iterations, along with an number of new health features.
What’s New in Version 4.0
A glance at your wrist is all it takes to track your health and act on what matters. The all-new Pebble 4.0 app keeps you on track with life faster than ever. Built with love and revamped from the ground-up, managing your Pebble watch, faces, apps, and notifications has never been more fun! Time to make wearables great again.
For Pebble watches running Firmware 4.0 and up:
• SNEAK PEEK! Email Actions: Act on emails received from Google accounts (Delete, Archive/Done, Mark as Read, Reply All, Star). Create custom canned responses for your email replies or send voice replies. Toggle available actions On/Off.
• We improved Pebble Health’s Activity and Sleep graphs to be clearer and more digestible at a glance.
• Moved Pebble Health settings from the Apps tab to the main Settings menu.
• Support for the new features available in Pebble Firmware 4.0, including Timeline Quick View, App Glances, and more. Select Menu » Support » Update Your Pebble to update your watch firmware to the latest version.
For Pebble watches running Firmware 3.12 and up:
• Enjoy a new look and feel—fresh colors, cleaner layouts and menus, and snappier performance.
• New Manage Pebble menu: It’s easier than ever to manage the multiple watches in your Pebble collection. The Manage Pebble screen lets you set which watch should currently be active, or pair a new Pebble with your phone.
• Like other Pebble apps, the Pebble Settings app can now be reordered by tapping and dragging in the Apps tab. Your changes will sync to the watch’s Launcher menu.
• Get a warning if attempting to pair with a Pebble that is currently paired with another device.
• Improved the Bluetooth pairing process to be faster and more reliable.
• Improved Bluetooth-LE connection reliability between the phone and paired Pebble.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Owners of Pebble Time, Time Steel, and Time Round devices will see all of the new features, while owners of the older Pebble and Pebble Steel watches will still see an updated look and feel, along with performance and reliability improvements.
All current users can update their Pebble apps to Pebble 4.0 from Google Play or the iTunes App Store. Pebble Time, Time Steel, and Time Round users can update their watches to Pebble 4.0 from the Pebble app: Menu » Support » Update Your Pebble. For more help with the Pebble 4.0 software and app updates, visit the Pebble Support page.