Media Luna has released Gio – The Rolling Ball Game 1.0, which is an entertaining little rolling ball game for iOS devices. We got to try it out during the beta stages of development, and we have to say it is a challenging, (and frustrating), little game, sure to challenge any player’s reflexes and memory.
The object of the game sounds simple, steer your ball to the finish line, following a constantly changing path to success. While Gio starts out deceivingly slow, it quickly picks up the pace, as players are required to follow the correct path to the end of the level, picking up the occasional star along the way. Control of the ball requires a steady hand, as the gamer uses the iPhone’s built-in accelerometers to guide their ball down its ever-changing path to the finish line.
The game challenges a player’s memory, as you need to remember the path you’ve taken to get where you last bombed out. In addition, be sure to pay attention to the layout of the levels, as the hills and valleys will definitely affect how well you can control your ball.
* 10 uniquely challenging levels
* Beautifully designed 3D graphics
* Lively sound effects and bright music sets the proper mood
* Physics-based gameplay adds to the challenge
* Accelerometer-based control offers an unusual challenge
* Optional level guides provide route assistance when needed
* 3 ball speeds help players of all skill levels to get started
* Unlimited lives, scoring is completely time-based
While the game is challenging, at least you don’t need to worry about losing lives, as your score and such are based on how quickly you make it to the finish line. It seems like a great little time killer, be it for waiting at the dentist’s office, or for killing an entire evening.
Gio – The Rolling Ball Game 1.0 works on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 7.1 or later. It goes for $1.99 in the App Store. [GET IT HERE]