Sure, you like to binge on Netflix now and then. However, you also like to think you make the best use of your precious time. Here’s an easy way to do both!
The Efficiency is Everything blog recently shared a quick and easy hack to shave 6 minutes off of every hour you watch Netflix. You can even shave more time off the total, if you’re able to keep up. You will need a Netflix subscription, (DUH!), and use the Chrome browser to view the videos. But hey, you’re a person on the go, that’s why you’re gonna try this…
How To Save Six Minutes Each Hour of Watching Netflix
- In Chrome, download a plugin that can control the speed. Video Speed Controller works well for what we’ll be doing here.
- Open up chrome://plugins/
- Disable the Adobe Flash Player (This will force Netflix to use HTML5 Video)
- Start Netflix, Pick a movie or television episode to watch and hit “Play.”
- Tap “D” to begin immediately saving time.
One tap of the “D” key will set the playback speed at around 1.1x, or 1.2x. That should allow you to follow the action and still get what’s going on. Each additional tap of the “D” will speed it up even more. (“S” decreases the speed of the playback, and “R” resets the speed to normal, just in case.)
Challenge yourself to see how fast you can watch a movie or television show. Well, unless you’re watching The Flash. That would just be madness.