If you have a huge collection of shoes, athletic or otherwise, indie developer Michael Ogden has the app for you. Unboxed allows iOS users to quickly scan a shoebox’s barcode to enter the important information about that pair of shoes.
Once a shoebox’s barcode is scanned via the iPhone’s camera, Unboxed automatically downloads and fills in details about the shoe; including manufacturer, color, style, materials and more. Users can add their own photos of their shoes, as well as edit information about the footwear, thereby creating a custom entry into their shoe collection catalog. Users can also share their favorite photos with friends and family via text, email, or on popular social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
The app is completely free, leaving shoe lovers more money in their pocket for the latest footwear must-haves from Nike or Jimmy Choo. The app also doesn’t put any artificial limits on the size of a collection database, with no in-app purchases and such to allow unlimited entries.
- Quickly add shoes to a collection by scanning the shoebox’s barcode with the iPhone’s camera
- Scanned details can be edited to account for shoe customization
- Manually enter shoe information when a shoebox is not available for scanning
- Add personal photos to show off customized footwear
- Add personal notes for any shoes in the collection
- Search filter allows finding shoes based on color, style, material, and more
- Share your favorite photos with friends via email, text messages, or on popular social networks
- No limit to the size of a shoe collection
- Always free
- More features coming soon
If you’ve already thrown your shoeboxes away, the app also allows users to enter shoe information manually, making sure all of your kicks are properly documented.
Unboxed is free and is available for iOS devices via the App Store. [GET IT HERE]