Apple on Tuesday seeded the fifth beta of macOS Sierra 10.12.4 to developers. The new beta comes just one week following the fourth beta release.
macOS Sierra 10.12.4 Beta 5
Developers can download the fifth beta of macOS Sierra 10.12.4 – Build 16E183b – from the Apple Developer Center or via the “Update” tab in the Mac App Store.
The first beta brought a new Night Shift mode that automatically shifts a Mac’s display color to the warmer end of the color spectrum for evening computing, much like the iOS Night Shift mode introduced in iOS 9.3.
New features in macOS 10.12.4:
- Night Shift now available on the Mac.
- Dictation support for Shanghainese.
- Ask Siri about cricket scores, schedules and player rosters. Siri knows about statistics and data from the Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council.
- Updated PDFKit APIs for better displaying of PDFs in apps that use the framework.
Apple has asked developers to focus testing on the following areas:
- Night Shift preference for automatically shifting the colors of your display to the warmer end of the spectrum after dark
- Siri support for checking Cricket scores, schedules, and player rosters from the Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council
- Dictation support for Shanghainese
- Reading, writing and navigating PDFs using system-provided APIs
We’ll keep our eyes out for news of any other new features in this beta of macOS Sierra 10.12.4, and will report them here in this space.