Apple has updated its Apple Support app for iOS to version 1.1. The new version adds the ability to schedule repairs at participating Apple Authorized Service Providers, filter locations by mobile carrier, and more.
What’s New in Version 1.1
• Schedule repairs at participating Apple Authorized Service Providers.
• Make Genius Bar reservations at Apple Stores in China, Hong Kong, Macao, Turkey, and United Arab Emirates.
• Filter locations by mobile carrier.
• Simplified authentication process.
• Supports iOS 10 rich notifications for chat.
• Bug fixes and improvements.
Until now, users were required to visit the Apple Support website to schedule repairs through an authorized service provider. While Genius Bar appointments are always in short supply, authorized service providers may be able to assist customers sooner.
Users can also filter authorized service providers by mobile carrier, making it easier to find stores that provide service for your device. Users can also now make Genius Bar reservations in the following countries: China, Hong Kong, Macao, Turkey, and United Arab Emirates.
Also new is a simplified authentication process, and support for iOS 10 rich notifications for chat.
The Apple Support app can be downloaded free, for iPhone and iPad devices, from the App Store. [GET IT HERE]