Miami-based security solutions company, ProtectStar has released Data Shredder for Mac 2017, their new military grade data deletion tool for macOS. The app offers Drag-and-Drop secure deletion for files, directories, and hard drives.
The new app is based on the same data shredding techniques as their popular Data Shredder for iOS app. The app eliminates any chance for data reconstruction, even by government agencies.
The is available in two versions. The Professional Edition offers 11 different data shredding methods, while the Data Shredder Military Edition offers 18 erasing methods in total, while also offering advanced deletion reports.
Data Shredder for Mac Professional uses certified deletion algorithms, including: DoD 5220.22-M ECE, Peter Gutmann, DoD 5220.22-M, HMG Infosec No.5, German BSI-2011-VS, US Army AR380-19 and more. Data Shredder for Mac Military Edition uses those same algorithms. Plus, it makes use of enhanced military deletion methods like NATO standard, US Navy NAVSO P-5239-26 (MFM & RLL), USAF AFSSI-5020, BSI TL-03423 and CSEC ITSG-06.
Data Shredder Professional Edition Features:
- Compatible with all Mac models
- Deletes files, folders, hard drives, external drives, USB Sticks, SD cards, and more
- Secure data deletion up to the top-secret security standard level
- A detailed deletion report provides evidence of deletion
- Compatible with Solid State Drives (SSD) and Flash memory
- Full Drag & Drop support
- Includes 1 year of technical support and free upgrades
- 24/7 support via e-Mail
Data Shredder Military Edition Includes the above features, plus:
- Advanced deletion reports
- Enhanced military deletion methods
Data Shredder for Mac 2017 Professional Edition is $19.90 and is available through the ProtectStar website. Data Shredder for Mac 2017 Military Edition is just $29.90 and is also available through the ProtectStar website.