The Pixelmator Team has released Pixelmator Pro 1.0, their new professional-grade editing tools, featuring a modern single-window interface, nondestructive, GPU-powered image editing tools, machine learning-enhanced editing features, and more.
The dark, single-window interface of the new app was created explicitly for working with images. The app’s user-centric workflow design makes the editing tools in Pixelmator Pro completely accessible, even for first-time users.
Completely nondestructive color adjustments, effects, styles, and layouting tools in Pixelmator Pro give users the freedom and flexibility to go back and modify or delete individual changes at any point in the editing workflow. Thanks to the new presets feature, you can create endless combinations of multiple adjustments, effects, or styles, save them to your favorites and reuse them in any of your images. Drag-and-drop sharing also makes it a breeze to share presets with others.
Pixelmator Pro pushes the boundaries of image editing, using breakthrough machine learning to deliver more intelligent editing tools and features. Integrated via the new, blazing fast Core ML framework, machine learning lets Pixelmator Pro detect and understand various features within images, bringing a number of groundbreaking advancements, such as jaw-droppingly accurate automatic layer naming, automatic horizon detection, stunningly realistic object removal, and intelligent quick selections.
Pixelmator Pro uses the latest Mac technologies, including Metal 2, Core Image, and OpenGL, to deliver blistering fast, GPU-powered image editing.
Features of the new app include:
- Full RAW support, including support for multiple RAW layers
- HEIF file format compatibility
- Superior support for Adobe Photoshop images
- Complete macOS integration via full support for iCloud, Versions, Tabs, Full Screen, Split View, Sharing, Wide Color, and others
- Metal 2-powered painting tools and dual texture brushes
- Powerful retouching, reshaping, selecting, type, shape and vector tools; and a lot more.
- A number of free updates adding major new features to Pixelmator Pro are already lined up for the very near future.
The new image editing app requires macOS 10.13 or later, a 64-bit processor, and 96.9 MB free disk space.
Pixelmator Pro 1.0 is $59.99 USD and is available through the Mac App Store. [GET IT HERE]