True North Software has announced the release of Station 1.5, the company’s multilevel (hierarchical) launcher for macOS. The Mac utility helps users organize their applications and documents into nested folders.
With nested folders, you can arrange items in Station in a way that fits your workflow with an uncluttered look and feel. Scalability is greatly increased through logical groupings thus increasing the sheer number of items that can be added to Station without having to shrink the launcher size.
Related items can be grouped together into a single folder, helping to increase productivity. Station can also launch all items in a folder at once, which is a great way to switch between tasks, such as moving from billing to graphics activity. The app supports up to ten levels of folders.
What’s New for Version 1.5:
- You can lock Station to a specific screen.
- In the preferences you can specify if you want Station to center a new panel over the originating folder item.
- Name parsing for external items has been enhanced to better reflect the names displayed in the Finder (showing or hiding hidden file extensions).
- Up to ten levels of folders can be shown
- The size of the icons can range from 24 to 64 points
- An alias folder can be created from any existing folder
- Display panels can be justified to the left, center, or right
- Icons can be assigned to folders to give them a more distinctive feel
- All applications and documents in a folder can be launched all at once
- Station can be displayed on the left, right or bottom side of the screen
- Folders automatically open after a short delay when you drag items over them
- Station can be displayed statically (always shown) or automatically hidden when not needed
- The display name of a folder can be renamed (e.g. “untitled” to “Graphics”)
- Scrollbar support for launch panels that exceed screen dimensions
- Embedded open folder icon can now be either blue or red
- Auto collapse of folders after launch of an item
- Select any color for the panel background color
- You can automatically populate all folder icons
- Station will automatically launch at login
- Fullscreen and multiscreen support