Independent developer Diego Resnik recently announced an update to iCarMode 4.5, his infotainment app for iOS devices. While we haven’t had an opportunity to use the app, it looks like it might be a good option for iPhone users with older vehicles that do no include CarPlay in their features list.
iCarMode features large buttons that allow easy and safe access to music, shortcut for dialling, preferred GPS app as well as other car and driving related functionality. iCarMode 4.5 now includes integration with Apple Music allowing you to play your favourite music right from the cloud, just a tap away.
iCarMode provides large buttons that allow easy and safe access to music, a shortcut for dialing, a shortcut to the user’s preferred GPS app, as well as other car and driving related functionality.
iCarMode – A comprehensive app for all your in-car needs:
– Big buttoned music player.
– Quick dialup to your contacts.
– Easy access to your favorite GPS app*.
– Well designed phone keypad.
-‘Where did I park?’ – will help you find your parked car!
– ‘Parking meter’ – set a reminder when your car is parked in a parking meter zone.
– ‘Places nearby’ – your car is parked, what did you have in mind? coffee? the nearest ATM? this feature, powered by ‘Google Places’, will help you out.
– ‘Custom App shortcut’ – iCarMode now has also room for your favorite app shortcut **
iCarMode theme changes automatically to night mode on local sunset.
iCarMode supports both portrait & landscape orientations!
iCarMode integrates with Vinli device to display streaming data from your car’s computer: speed, rpm, fuel status, diagnostics engine problems & even grades your driving.
iCarMode 4.5 is available for iOS devices for $1.99 in the App Store. [GET IT HERE]