The users of more than one million Wemo Mini Smart Plug devices can now use their devices with Apple’s Home app, as the devices have gained HomeKit compatibility with today’s newly available software update.
Continuing to expand its award-winning Internet of Things ecosystem, Wemo® today announced that Wemo Mini Smart Plug users can install new software from the Wemo App to enable Apple® HomeKit™ compatibility. With this software update, Wemo Mini Smart Plug customers can add their Mini devices to the Apple Home app and have Siri® control their devices and what’s plugged into them. Users can include the Wemo Mini into scenes and rooms to work with more than one hundred other HomeKit compatible products and access them while on the go.
The Wemo Mini Smart Plug is the first Wemo product to offer HomeKit compatibility without the use of other hardware.
The Wemo Mini Smart Plug with HomeKit software authentication to do the following using the Apple Home app via the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and HomePod.
- Control Wemo Mini from the Wemo App, Apple Home app or with Siri from your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and HomePod
- Create personalized scenes such as movie lighting or schedule appliances for a morning routine
- Set schedules and timers for lights and devices, and control it all by accessing the Wemo App or the Apple Home app
- Sync lights with sunrise and sunset or personal schedules
- Set up away mode to protect your home by randomly turning on and off lights
The update to enable HomeKit on Wemo Mini Smart Plugs will begin rolling out today and will be available to all customers by the end of next week. The new Wemo app, available free in the App Store, will enable the firmware update needed for the Wemo Mini Smart Plugs.