Apple on Monday released iOS 12.0.1, which is the first update to iOS 12 released to the public. The release comes three weeks following the official release of iOS 12.
The update is available to all eligible devices as an over-the air update. To download and install the update, go to the Settings app and tap “General” -> “Software Update.”
The update fixes several issues discovered since the release of iOS 12. It resolves an issue causing some iPhone devices not to charge when connected to a Lighting cable.
The update also fixes a Wi-Fi bug that caused some iPhone XS handsets to join a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network rather than a 5GHz Wi-Fi network, resulting in slower connection speeds.
iOS 12.0.1 includes bug fixes and improvements for as listed below:
- Fixes an issue where some iPhone XS devices did not immediately charge when connected to a Lightning cable
- Resolves an issue that could cause iPhone XS devices to rejoin a Wi-Fi network at 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz
- Restores the original position of the “.?123″ key on the iPad keyboard
- Fixes an issue where subtitles may not appear in some video apps
- Addresses an issue where Bluetooth could become unavailable
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222