Apple today released iOS 12.1.1, the third update to the iOS 12 operating system since its initial launch in September.
The iOS 12.1.1 update is available on all compatible devices over-the-air in the Settings app. To install the update, go to “Settings” -> “General” -> “Software Update” and follow the prompts. The update is free to download.
The update adds support for the the ECG feature that will be included in the watchOS 5.1.2 update for Apple Watch Series 4 models. The watchOS 5.1.2 update isn’t yet available, and Apple hasn’t announced a release date for it.
iOS 12.1.1 release notes:
iOS 12.1.1 adds features and fixes bugs for your iPhone and iPad. Features and improvements include:
- Notification preview using haptic touch on iPhone XR
- Dual SIM with eSIM for additional carriers on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
- One tap to flip between the rear and front-facing camera during a FaceTime call
- Live Photo capture during one-to-one FaceTime calls
- The option to hide the sidebar in News on iPad in landscape orientation
- Real-time text (RTT) when using Wi-Fi calling on iPad and iPod touch
- Stability improvements for dictation and VoiceOver
Bug fixes include:
- Fixes an issue where Face ID may temporarily become unavailable
- Addresses an issue that prevented visual voicemail from downloading for some customers
- Fixes an issue in Messages that could prevent predictive text suggestions when typing on the Chinese or Japanese keyboards
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Voice Memos recordings from uploading to iCloud
- Fixes an issue where time zones may not have updated automatically
This release also adds features and fixes bugs for HomePod including:
- Support in Mainland China and Hong Kong
- HomePod LEDs illuminate during Group FaceTime calls
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: