Apple on Tuesday released iOS 12.1.3, the fifth update since the September release of iOS 12.
The iOS 12.1.3 update is available on compatible iPhones, iPads, and iPod touch devices via over-the-air in the Settings app. To install the update, go to “Settings” -> “General” -> “Software Update” and follow the prompts. The update is free to download.
iOS 12.1.3 includes bug fixes for your iPhone or iPad. This update:
- Fixes an issue in Messages that could impact scrolling through photos in the Details view
- Addresses an issue where photos could have striped artifacts after being sent from the Share Sheet
- Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion when using external audio input devices on iPad Pro (2018)
- Resolves an issue that could cause certain CarPlay systems to disconnect from iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
This release also includes bug fixes for HomePod. This update:
- Fixes an issue that could cause HomePod to restart
- Addresses an issue that could cause Siri to stop listening
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222