The Pixelmator Team has released Pixelmator Pro 1.3 Prism, a major update to their award-winning Mac image editor. The update brings a large number of new features, including layer color tags, filtering and search, clipping masks, and quick opacity and blending controls.
Pixelmator Pro 1.3 Prism introduces a range of handy new features that make creating advanced illustrations and designs easier than ever — layer color tags, filtering and search, clipping masks, quick opacity and blending controls, and much more.
• Easily color-code layers using handy color tags to make important objects easier to spot or bring some extra organization to advanced illustrations and designs
• With layer filtering and search, finding just the layers you’re looking for is simpler than ever.
• Filter layers according to layer type (images, text, shapes, and groups), color tags, or both.
• Quickly adjust layer opacity and blending mode right in the Layers sidebar.
• Use clipping masks to clip the contents of one layer to the outline of another — even layer groups or nested shapes!
• Add clipping masks from the shortcut menu in the Layers sidebar, by Option-clicking between two layers, or from the Format menu.
• Release a clipping mask by double-clicking the arrow in the Layers sidebar.
• When using the painting, retouching, or reshaping tools on a layer with Color Adjustments, Effects, or Styles, all nondestructive filters will dynamically update to the layer’s new content and won’t be flattened. This one’s big!
• It’s now possible to apply Color Adjustments to shape layers.
• When opening Photoshop documents with color tags, they will now be both opened and saved.
• Convert into Pixels is now a fully-fledged rasterize button and will rasterize any layer, including image layers with adjustments, effects, layer styles, and transformations.
• The Refine Selection command has been added to the Edit menu.
• When converting hidden layers into pixels, they will no longer be rasterized into empty layers.
• Double-clicking any shape — including Smart Shapes — will now make it editable.
• Exporting documents with layer styles in effects in Photoshop format has been much improved.
• Fixed several blur issues with converting certain kinds of layers (groups and shapes with effects) into pixels.
• Copying and pasting selected content would sometimes result in blurring. Fixed.
• On rare occasions, resizing the crop box while holding the Command key would blur the image or leave 1 pixel-wide lines at its edges. Fixed.
• Documents containing many layers with lots of nondestructive styles and effects would sometimes have unwanted vertical and horizontal artifacts. Fixed.
• The state of the Sample All Layers option would not be remembered when using the Color Fill and Magic Eraser tool. Fixed.
• Fixed an issue with using percentages to set grid spacing.
• Fixed an issue with using drag & drop to rearrange paths in shapes made up of only two paths.
• Several crash fixes improve the stability of Pixelmator Pro.
Pixelmator Pro 1.3 Prism is the third major Pixelmator Pro update since the app was first released just over a year ago.
Pixelmator Pro 1.3 Prism is $39.99, and is available in the Mac App Store. [GET IT HERE]