The Pixelmator Team has updated Pixelmator, their popular image editor for macOS devices. Version 3.8.3 (Phoenix) brings an improved Clone Stamp tool, an improved Gradient tool, and much more.
This update adds a number of improvements and fixes — learn more about each one below.
• The Clone Stamp tool’s source preview has been improved and now updates immediately after zooming or panning the canvas.
• The Clone Stamp tool’s source will now be reset after turning Use Same Offset for Each Stroke on or off.
• An Enter Vectormator Mode command is now available in the View menu, making it possible to give it your own keyboard shortcut and making it a little easier to turn this mode off if you turn it on accidentally.
• When painting with the Gradient tool, its preview will now update when zooming or panning the canvas.
• When using the Repair tool, a brush size preview would inadvertently appear when clicking the Diameter arrows. Fixed.
• When changing brush Diameter, the preview was not taking into account canvas zoom. Fixed.
• When using the Angle arrows of the Transform tool, it would take an extra click to move from 0º. Fixed.
• The position of the Clone Stamp tool’s source crosshair was incorrect in many situations. It’s now mostly correct but a few more fixes are on the way.
• The ‘Click to add text’ action label was not disappearing when dragging to add a text box. Fixed.
• Images from the clipboard were not pasted in the center of the canvas. Fixed.
• When choosing grouped tools in the Tools palette, the menu would sometimes appear under the cursor and immediately disappear. Fixed.
• With certain formats in the Save dialog, the ‘Save copy as’ controls were active even with this option unselected. Fixed.
• In certain situations, applying effects would result in memory not being released after closing documents. Fixed.
• In certain situations, using the Align and Distribute commands would cause memory to not be released after closing documents. Fixed.
• Attempting to save a non-autosaved document to a new destination would cause Pixelmator to stop responding. Fixed.
• Using Pixelmator > Services > Capture Selection from Screen without an open document would cause Pixelmator to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• In some cases, using the color picker in the Gradients palette would cause Pixelmator to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Removing the Lucida Grande system font would cause Pixelmator to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
Pixelmator 3.8.3 is available for $29.99 in the Mac App Store.