While an official app has been available for both iOS and Mac for quite some time, a version for Apple’s set-top box has been unavailable. (Although third-party apps like Twitchy have been available to fill the gap.)
The Amazon-owned streaming service has been around since early 2011. The Twitch app for Apple TV will offers the ability for gaming fans to watch live streams, clips, and video on demand, as well as get involved in on-screen chat. Other content is also available, including Thursday Night NFL games.
To install the app via TestFlight, do the following:
INSTALLING A BETA TVOS APP FROM A PUBLIC LINK INVITATION
- Install TestFlight on an iOS device and Apple TV where you can sign in to the same App Store account.
- Tap the public link on your iOS device.
- Tap Accept for the app you want to test.
- Open TestFlight on Apple TV. You must be signed in to the same App Store account you used on your iOS device.
- Install the app you want to test.
“We don’t want to be too prescriptive so explore the app, watch streams, and try out different features,” Twitch says on its site. “If you find a bug, the app crashes on you, or you encounter other issues send us your feedback.”
No word on when the Twitch app will be available as a official public release. Twitch is currently available on the Mac, iOS devices, Windows PCs, Amazon Fire TV, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, NVIDIA Shield, and Chromecast.