Apple on Tuesday released iOS 13.3 and iPadOS 13.3, the third major update to Apple’s mobile operating systems. The new updates comes two weeks following the release of iOS 13.2.3 and iPadOS 13.2.3.
The update is available on all compatible devices over-the-air via the Settings app. To access the update, go to “Settings” -> “General” -> “Software Update.”
The new update continues to add features that had been promised for iOS 13, but were held back. The update brings Communication Limits for Screen Time, which allows parents to control who their children can call, FaceTime, or Message. It also includes contact list for children lets parents manage the contacts that appear on their children’s devices.
The updates also bring support for NFC, USB, and Lightning FIDO2-compliant security keys in Safari.
Apple’s full release notes for the iOS 13.3 update are below:
iOS 13.3 includes improvements, bug fixes and additional parental controls for Screen Time.
– New parental controls provide more communication limits over who their children can call, FaceTime, or Message
– Contact list for children lets parents manage the contacts that appear on their children’s devices
– New layout for Apple News+ stories from The Wall Street Journal and other leading newspapers
– Easily like or dislike stories with a tap
– Stories from Apple News are now available in Canada in English and French
– Continue reading with links to related stories or more stories from the same publication
– “Breaking” and “Developing” labels for Top Stories
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements. This update:
– Enables the creation of a new video clip when trimming a video in Photos
– Adds support for NFC, USB, and Lightning FIDO2-compliant security keys in Safari
– Fixes issues in Mail that may prevent downloading new messages
– Addresses an issue that prevented deleting messages in Gmail accounts
– Resolves issues that could cause incorrect characters to display in messages and duplication of sent messages in Exchange accounts
– Fixes an issue where the cursor may not move after long pressing on the space bar
– Addresses an issue that may cause screenshots to appear blurry when sent via Messages
– Resolves an issue where cropping or using Markup on screenshots may not save to Photos
– Fixes an issue where Voice Memos recordings may not be able to be shared with other audio apps
– Addresses an issue where the missed call badge on the Phone app may not clear
– Resolves an issue where the Cellular Data setting may incorrectly show as off
– Fixes an issue that prevented turning off Dark Mode when Smart Invert was enabled
– Addresses an issue where some wireless chargers may charge more slowly than expected