Shazam users can score up to 6 months of free Apple Music service this holiday season. First discovered by Macworld UK, the trial offer varies in length, depending on your location and whether you’ve redeemed a free trial offer for Apple Music on the past.
If you’re located in the U.S., Canada, or the United Kingdom and don’t currently have an Apple Music subscription, you should be able to score at least a month of free access out of it.
Here’s how to get the free trial:
- If you don’t already have it, download the free Shazam app for iOS from the App Store.
- Launch the app.
- Swipe right to enter the Library screen, or tap the Library icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap the Try Now pane offering a free trial of Apple Music for a “Limited Time.”
- Tap the Try it Free button.
- The App Store will open up, where you’ll redeem a pre-entered code. Tap Redeem, and you’ll see of the length of your free trial displayed, along with the date from which you’ll make your first monthly payment if you decide to continue with the subscription.
The subscription will auto-renew at the end of the free trial, so you might want to set a reminder for the day before the renewal date, just in case you decide to cancel.