Apple has begun selling certified refurbished iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max handsets for the first time since the handsets’ original September 2018 release.
At the time of this article, the refurbished models (all unlocked) were available with 64GB, 256GB, or 512GB of storage and were available in Silver, Gold, and Space Gray.
Available refurbished models include:
- iPhone XS – 64GB: ($699, priced new at $999 in September 2018)
- iPhone XS – 256GB: ($829, priced new at $1,149 in September 2018)
- iPhone XS – 512GB: ($999, priced new at $1,349 in September 2018)
- iPhone XS Max – 64GB: ($799, priced new at $1,099 in September 2018)
- iPhone XS Max – 256GB: ($929, priced new at $1,249 in September 2018)
- iPhone XS Max – 512GB: ($1,099, priced new at $1,449 in September 2018)
Apple says every Apple Certified Refurbished product completes a rigorous refurbishment process that includes full testing that meets the same functional standards as new Apple products. Apple also installs a new battery and replaces the outer shell. The refurbished iPhones are packaged in a plain white box and include all of the manuals and accessories you’d find in a new box.
All refurbished iPhone models come with the same standard one-year warranty as new models, and the warranty can be extended by purchasing AppleCare+ for the price of $199.