• Home
  • News
  • Apple Commits to Make Its Supply Chain and Products 100% Carbon Neutral by 2030

Apple Commits to Make Its Supply Chain and Products 100% Carbon Neutral by 2030

Apple Commits to Make Its Supply Chain and Products 100% Carbon Neutral by 2030

Apple today announced its plans to become carbon neutral across its entire business, manufacturing supply chain, and product life cycle by 2030. The company has already carbon neutral when it comes to its global corporate operations.

“Businesses have a profound opportunity to help build a more sustainable future, one born of our common concern for the planet we share,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “The innovations powering our environmental journey are not only good for the planet — they’ve helped us make our products more energy-efficient and bring new sources of clean energy online around the world. Climate action can be the foundation for a new era of innovative potential, job creation, and durable economic growth. With our commitment to carbon neutrality, we hope to be a ripple in the pond that creates a much larger change.”

In its 2020 Environmental Progress Report — released today — Apple lays out its plans to reduce emissions by 75% by 2030 while developing innovative carbon removal solutions for the remaining 25% of its comprehensive footprint.

Apple is establishing an Impact Accelerator that will focus on investing in minority-owned businesses that drive positive outcomes in its supply chain and in communities that are disproportionately affected by environmental hazards. This accelerator is part of Apple’s recently announced $100 million Racial Equity and Justice Initiative, focused on efforts that address education, economic equality, and criminal justice reform.

Apple’s 10-year roadmap will lower emissions with a series of innovative actions, including:

Low carbon product design: Apple will continue to increase the use of low carbon and recycled materials in its products, innovate in product recycling, and design products to be as energy-efficient as possible.

Expanding energy efficiency: Apple will identify new ways to lower energy use at its corporate facilities and help its supply chain make the same transition.

Renewable energy: Apple will remain at 100 percent renewable energy for its operations — focusing on creating new projects and moving its entire supply chain to clean power.

Process and material innovations: Apple will tackle emissions through technological improvements to processes and materials needed for its products.

Carbon removal: Apple is investing in forests and other nature-based solutions around the world to remove carbon from the atmosphere.

The company’s complete plan and how it measures its carbon footprint can be found in its 2020 Environmental Progress Report at apple.com/environment.

  1. 628755 736993Some genuinely wondrous function on behalf of the owner of this web site, perfectly wonderful subject material . 51568

  2. 604426 215446Sorry for the huge review, but Im actually loving the new Zune, and hope this, as effectively as the outstanding reviews some other individuals have written, will support you decide if its the correct choice for you. 905428

  3. 714762 315963Thank you for your details and respond to you. auto loans westvirginia 875516

  4. 586721 330927I surely enjoyed the method that you explore your experience and perception with the location of interest 113855

  5. betmate says:

    에볼플레이 먹튀검증 안전노리터

  6. 576367 719654Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers? Im kinda paranoid about losing everything Ive worked hard on. Any recommendations? 68

  7. sbobet says:

    942626 18267Thanks – Enjoyed this post, can you make it so I receive an e-mail when you make a fresh post? From Online Shopping Greek 430868

  8. YourDoll株式会社 大人のダッチワイフで鑑賞しようとしたことはありますか?

  9. 599472 481520An attention-grabbing dialogue is value comment. I believe which you want to write more on this matter, it wont be a taboo topic nevertheless typically individuals are not sufficient to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers 906007

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.