Apple today announced the release of Clips 3.0, a major update to its popular video creation app for the iPhone and iPad. The revamped app offers several new features, including a refreshed interface, HDR recording on the iPhone 12, support for horizontal video, and more.
The app, now available in the App Store, offers a new streamlined interface. New iPad features include Scribble support for Apple Pencil, Bluetooth mouse or trackpad support, and support for landscape orientation.
New features include:
- Record and create videos in a new range of sizes including 9:16 vertical, 16:9 horizontal, 3:4 vertical, and 4:3 horizontal
- Create videos on iPad when using the device vertically, horizontally, and with a keyboard case
- Record Selfie Scenes in any orientation so you can see even more of the animated environment around you
- Use updated posters that automatically adapt to all vertical and horizontal video sizes
- See more of what you’re capturing with the new full-screen design
- Browse and add content to your videos more easily with the redesigned Effects and Media browsers
- Use Apple Pencil to write in text fields for labels and posters
- Add 14 new colorful text and shape stickers to your social videos
- Choose from 25 new soundtracks that automatically adjust to match the length of your videos
- Share your video in any supported vertical or horizontal size with the new Share options, including a preview to see your video before sending
- Record High Dynamic Range (HDR) videos with the back camera on iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro
- View, edit, and share HDR videos from your Photos library*
* Editing and sharing HDR video requires iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad (7th generation) or later, iPad Air 3 or later, 10.5-inch iPad Pro or later
For more information about the Clips 3.0 update, read the Apple Newsroom release.