Apple today released watchOS 7.3, the third major update to its watchOS 7 operating system for the Apple Watch. The update includes the new “Time to Walk” feature for Apple Fitness+ subscribers, which shares inspiring stories from celebrities while you walk.
Also included in the update is a Unity watch face, an expansion of ECG and irregular heart rhythm notification availability to more countries, and more.
watchOS 7.3 can be installed on an Apple Watch Series 3 via the Watch app on the device’s attached iPhone. Go to “General” -> “Software Update” to install the new software. The Watch should have at least 50% battery life, be connected to a charger, and be in the range of the iPhone.
Full release notes for watchOS 7.3:
watchOS 7.3 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
– Unity watch face–inspired by the colors of the Pan-African Flag, the shapes change throughout the day as you move creating a face that’s unique to you
– Time to Walk for Apple Fitness+ subscribers–an audio experience in the Workout app where guests share inspiring stories as you walk
– ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, and Thailand
– Irregular heart rhythm notifications in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, Taiwan, and Thailand
– Fix for an issue where Control Center and Notification Center may be unresponsive when Zoom is enabled