Amazon today released a native macOS app for its Amazon Prime Video Service. Mac users with an Amazon Prime subscription can now stream Amazon Prime content or download the content on their Macs for offline viewing.
- Download videos to watch offline.
- Continue to watch your favorite movie, TV show or a live event via Picture-in-Picture (PiP) while interacting with other apps or websites.
- Rent or buy new-release movies and popular TV shows (availability varies by marketplace).
- Multi-user profiles allow creating personalized entertainment experiences.
- Go behind the scenes of movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb.
- Watch on iPhone and iPad by downloading the separate iOS app (requires iOS 12.1 version or later).
- Watch on Apple TV by downloading the separate tvOS app (requires Apple TV 3rd generation or later).
Picture-in-Picture and AirPlay are both supported in Amazon’s new app, and it supports in-app purchases for TV rentals and on-demand content as well as payment with an Amazon credit card that’s already on file.
Amazon Prime Video is free and is now available in the Mac App Store. [Direct Link]