Apple is preparing a celebration of the Japanese New Year with a two-day promotion that will feature a limited edition AirTag, as well as a free Apple gift card worth up to ¥24,000 with the purchase of an eligible Apple product on January 2 and January 3.
Apple said the first 20,000 customers in Japan who purchase a new iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, or iPhone SE during the promotion will receive a limited-edition AirTag with a custom-designed engraving.
Gift card values for eligible product purchases are as follows:
- ¥3,000 for AirPods (2nd generation), AirPods (3rd generation), Beats Flex, Beats Studio Buds, Apple Pencil (2nd generation), AirTag (4-pack), and select other accessories
- ¥6,000 for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, or iPhone SE (plus a limited-edition AirTag for the first 20,000 customers who place an order)
- ¥6,000 for Apple Watch Series 3, Apple Watch SE, AirPods Pro, Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, Beats Studio3 Wireless, Beats Solo3 Wireless, Powerbeats Pro, and Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro
- ¥12,000 for iPad Pro, MacBook Air, 13-inch MacBook Pro, and Mac mini
- ¥24,000 for a 27-inch iMac
Apple has shared the full terms and conditions for the promotion that includes more details, such as that iPhone orders placed through the Apple Store app will not score a limited-edition AirTag.