The Pixelmator Team has released Pixelmator Pro 2.4.6 to the Mac App Store. The update adds a number of Type tool improvements, brings new ways to replace different layers, brings better performance, and more.
Pixelmator Pro 2.4.6 adds a number of Type tool improvements, introduces new ways to replace different layers, brings better performance, and more.
• Use the new Shrink Text to Fit feature to automatically reduce the size of text when it’s too big for its text box or path.
• Added new All Caps and Start Case options for capitalizing text in the Advanced Options menu.
• Pressing Shift-Enter while typing will now continue text from a new line instead of a new paragraph.
• You can now quickly preview images in the photo browser by pressing the Space bar.
• Replace layers, shapes, and save custom shapes more quickly using new shortcut menu options and main menu items.
• When inserted, larger images will be automatically resized to fit the canvas.
• Thanks to performance optimizations, editing complex compositions is now 5 times faster.
• Added SVG engine improvements for better SVG opening performance.
• Memory management has also been improved to fix and prevent memory-related issues.
• Improved Halide RAW file handling.
• PDF documents could not be inserted into compositions. Fixed.
Pixelmator Pro 2.4.6 is now available from the Mac App Store as a free update for existing users and $39.99 for new users.