Your Apple Watch is basically a really small computer. Like any computer, your Apple Watch may begin running slower or malfunctioning. And, like any computer, a quick reboot of the Apple Watch may help fix the issues you’re having.
How to Restart Your Apple Watch
- Remove your Apple Watch from its charger. (The Apple Watch will not turn off when connected to a charger.)
- Press and hold the side button until you see the “Medical ID” and “SOS Emergency Call” sliders appear.
- In the top right corner of the Apple Watch’s display, you’ll see a round power button. Tap on the power button.
- You’ll see a Power Off button appear. Slide it to the right to turn off your Apple Watch.
- To turn the Watch back on, hold down the side button on your Apple Watch until you see the Apple logo.
If turning off the Apple Watch and turning it back on again doesn’t seem to resolve your issues try rebooting it.
How to Reboot Your Apple Watch
Hold down the Apple Watch’s side button and the Digital Crown until you see the Apple logo. The process takes about 10 seconds, so be patient and continue to hold both buttons until you see the logo. That’s all it takes.
For more how-to tips and tricks, visit the Mactrast How To section.