Apple has joined in the race among developers to update their apps for iOS 6 by updating their Cards app to version 2.0. Cards gains native iPad support, new designs, automatic image sharpening, and many other features.
Apple’s Cards app lets you create an mail personalized greeting cards that include your own text and photos, right on your iOS device. You can then select up to 12 recipients for the cards, personalizing each card for each recipient, and send them off as a single order, to be printed and mailed, all from inside the app. U.S. customers can send a card within the U.S. for $2.99 including postage. Send a card anywhere else in the world for $4.99 including postage.
The update today brings many improvements and additional features to the app. They include:
- Universal app with native support for iPad
- Six beautiful new letterpress holiday card designs
- New layouts support up to 3 photos on a single card
- Mail customized cards to up to 12 recipients in the same order
- Images in iPhoto can be shared directly to Cards
- Automatic image sharpening improves print quality
- Enhanced Card History view on iPad
- Improvements to address verification
- Improvements to the checkout process
Make sure to check out our full iOS 6 coverage for all the details about Apple’s latest mobile platform!