Mac and iOS developers who are making the move from Objective-C to Swift will be interested in the announcement from InSili.co today, as they have introduced iSwift, the first Objective-C to Swift converter for Mac-based developers.
iSwift offers automatic as-you-type conversion of your Objective-C sources to the Swift language, along with a full-featured Objective-C editor. iSwift offers a way to convert and translate existing Objective-C files, Cocoa or iOS, to Swift on the fly, which should make Xcode project migration a lot easier.
iSwift Features Include:
- Easy-to-use, intuitive UI
- Batteries-included: You don’t need to install anything – It just works
- Ultra fast: Automatic as-you-type live conversion from Objective-C to Swift
- Drag’n’Drop: Drop your Objective-C source onto the App icon, import the file and have it instantly converted
- Advanced: Syntax Highlighting, Autocompletion, Live Syntax Checking & Error Reporting and Lots of Advanced editing options – powered by Peppermint
- Sophisticated: deep syntax recognition (including Objective-C 2.0)
iSwift requires OS X 10.7 or later, an Intel processor, and 18.7 MB of disk space.